A subspace is independent of the parent workspace, but simply grouped together under a workspace to help you organize and manage multiple teams. A subspace has its own member list, team permissions, projects, and templates. You can have unlimited subspaces under a workspace!
Note: You can have an unlimited number of subspaces in a single workspace, if a workspace is upgraded to Taskade Unlimited, all it's subspaces are upgraded as well. For more information visit 💲 Billing and Pricing
Manage Subspace Members
You can remove members from your subspace and/or modify their roles/permissions by opening your dashboard > subspace settings > Members menu, or you can simply click the profile picture of the subspace members in the top right hand corner, or click the Share button.
Team members with access to your main workspace will not automatically have access to subspaces you create. Our introduction of team/user roles and permissions allows you to customize access at the workspace, subspace, or project level.
You can create different subspaces for different teams/departments within your company, all under one workspace, with different permissions for each subspace.
You can set the following user roles/permissions:
- 🦄 Owner — Can fully configure and edit projects, templates, and manage projects and workspace settings and billing
- 👩💻 Admin — Can fully configure and edit projects, templates, and manage projects and workspace settings.
- ✍️ Editor — Can create and edit projects, templates in the workspace. Cannot manage projects or workspace settings.
- ✅ Checker — Can check, uncheck and comment on tasks. Cannot edit task, projects or templates.
- 🤓 Viewer — Can only comment and chat in projects. Cannot create or edit projects, templates in the workspace.
If you no longer want a member in your subspace, simply remove them, and they'll still have access to your main workspace.
Archive a Subspace
To archive a subspace, open the subspace settings dropdown menu and press Archive Subspace.
The subspace will now show up under the Archived tab on the left — it can be restored at any time.
Delete a Subspace
If you'd like to permanently delete a subspace, simply open the subspace settings dropdown menu and press Delete Subspace. You'll be prompted to type the name of the subspace you're about to delete, just to confirm.
🎯 Get our Apps
- 🤖 Android app: Google Play Store
- 🍎 iPhone app: Apple App Store
- 🦊 Firefox Extension: Firefox Add-Ons
- 👩💻 Chrome Extension: Chrome Web Store
- 💻 Mac, Linux, Windows apps: taskade.com/downloads
😊 Questions or Suggestions?
- 💌 Our Official Blog: blog.taskade.com
- 🚌 Taskade Updates: taskade.com/v/B1Q8lMxIfG
- ☎️ Contact Us: taskade.com/contact
- 🐧 Follow Us: twitter.com/taskade
Use Taskade with your team to start collaborating right away! Chat, organize, and get things done, together.