➡️ Indent a Task
Indentation lets you break big, complex tasks into more manageable sub-tasks. Follow the steps below to indent tasks and create high-level outlines in Taskade:
- Press ⌨️ Tab on your keyboard to indent a task/create a sub-task
- Sub-tasks are the "children" of parent tasks
- Each sub-task can have its own sub-tasks, and so on
- Press ⌨️ Shift + Tab to outdent a task/sub-task
⬆️⬇️ Fold / Unfold
This is where the outlining magic begins. Unlike a word processor, which only knows about pages and paragraphs, Taskade is an outliner. This means it can understand the relationships between tasks and nested sub-tasks.
Nesting tasks and notes creates a structured hierarchy that can help you:
- Organize complex information and ideas.
- Think critically and analyze information.
- Understand relationships between different parts of a topic or project.
- Facilitates effective communication and collaboration with your team.
Once you've created a high-level list of tasks or notes, you can hide or show lower-level elements as needed—is called Folding and Unfolding. Here's how it works.
⬆️ Fold (Collapse) Tasks
Click the arrow to the left of your task to fold the list of sub-task nested under the parent task. You can also use the ⌨️ ⌘/CTRL + ⬆ keyboard shortcut.
⬇️ Unfold (Expand) Tasks
Click the arrow to the left of your task again to unfold the list of sub-task nested under the parent task. You can also use the ⌨️ ⌘/CTRL + ⬇ keyboard shortcut.
🎯 Get Our Apps
- 🤖 Android app: Google Play Store
- 🍎 iPhone app: Apple App Store
- 🦊 Firefox Extension: Firefox Add-Ons
- 👩💻 Chrome Extension: Chrome Web Store
- 💻 Mac, Linux, Windows apps: taskade.com/downloads
😊 Questions or Suggestions?
- 💌 Our Official Blog: blog.taskade.com
- 🚌 Taskade Updates: taskade.com/v/B1Q8lMxIfG
- ☎️ Contact Us: taskade.com/contact
- 🐧 Follow Us: twitter.com/taskade
Use Taskade with your team to start collaborating right away! Chat, organize, and get things done, together.