🤔 What Is Project Formatting?
Every Project in Taskade is a collection of tasks. A task is just like a bullet point in the traditional sense. You can use the power of outlining to break down tasks into sub-tasks and become even more productive. Here's how to do that on iOS and Android.
✅ Format Tasks and Sub-Tasks
Taskade lets you transform ordinary tasks into checklists, headings, ordered lists, or paragraphs. There are also several bullet point styles you can choose from. To change the bullet style/type:
- Open a Project and tap the task you want to format.
- Use the toolbar at the bottom of the Project to style your tasks / sub-tasks.
- Click the A button to show / hide formatting options.
- Swipe the toolbar left to show more formatting options.
Indentation lets you break big, complex tasks into sub-tasks by moving them to the right. You can divide intimidating tasks like "start a company" into a series of incremental steps you can complete more easily, one check at a time. To indent/outdent a task:
- Select a task and tap the Indent Right button in the bottom toolbar to indent it.
- Swipe the toolbar left if you can't see the indentation option.
- You can create unlimited tasks and sub-tasks in a hierarchy.
- Tap the Indent Left button to outdent a task.
⬆️⬇️ Fold / Unfold
This is where the magic begins. Unlike a word processor which only knows about pages and paragraphs, Taskade is an outliner. That means you can easily Fold (collapse) and Unfold (expand) levels of your Projects like an Origami piece.
- Tap the the down arrow ▼ to Fold (collapse) a task and hide its sub-asks.
- Tap the the left arrow ◄ to Unfold (expand) a task and show its sub-tasks.
🤹♀️ Attach Files, Add Due Dates, and More
For each task/sub-task, you can attach files, add comments, set due dates, and much more. Simply select your task and tap one of the options in the bottom toolbar. Here are all of the task operations you can choose from:
- 🗓️ Set a due date
- 👤 Assign a task
- 💬 Add a comment
- ⏲ Start a timer
- 🗣 @mention
- 🔗 Upload a file
- ⬆️ Move the task up
- ⬇️ Move the task down
- ➕ Duplicate the task
- 📝 Copy the task to Project
- 🗃 Move the task to Project
- 🗑 Delete the task
🎨 Highlight and Style
Task management doesn't have to be boring. Taskade lets you highlight text and style it with pre-defined colors. For instance, you can color-code headings or parent tasks to better organize your workflow. To style text on mobile:
- Double-tap the text you want to highlight and adjust the selection.
- Swipe the toolbar left and pick one of the highlight colors 🔴🟢🟡🔵🟣.
Hyperlinks let you quickly jump to a web page by embedding a link into selected text.
- Copy your hyperlink and select the task/text where you want to embed it.
- Tap Paste in the pop-up bar (may differ between operating systems).
- Click on the new hyperlink to navigate to the target page.
🧱 Add Blocks
Blocks make it possible to quickly populate your Projects with pre-defined sets of tasks or bullets (nodes). To add a new block on iOS or Android, tap the ➕ Add Block button at the bottom of your Project and pick one of block types:
- ✅ Check
- 🟡 Bullet
- 1️⃣ Number
- ¶ Paragraph
🎯 Get Our Apps
- 🤖 Android app: Google Play Store
- 🍎 iPhone app: Apple App Store
- 🦊 Firefox Extension: Firefox Add-Ons
- 👩💻 Chrome Extension: Chrome Web Store
- 💻 Mac, Linux, Windows apps: taskade.com/downloads
😊 Questions or Suggestions?
- 💌 Our Official Blog: blog.taskade.com
- 🚌 Taskade Updates: taskade.com/v/B1Q8lMxIfG
- ☎️ Contact Us: taskade.com/contact
- 🐧 Follow Us: twitter.com/taskade