🤔 What Is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
Multifactor authentication (MFA) is a security process that requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user's identity. By requiring multiple forms of verification, MFA enhances security, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to gain access to your account.
⚙️ Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication in Taskade
- Click your profile avatar in the top-right corner.
- Go to Settings ➡ Passwords (second tab at the top).
- Click CONFIGURE under Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Type your password and click CONFIRM.
- Click SET UP and choose on of the available MFA methods:
- Authenticator app (e.g. Google Authenticator, 1Password)
- Backup code (a set of backup codes that can only be used once).
Set Up an Authenticator App
- In the setup menu, choose the 🔒 Authenticator app option.
- Type the name of your authenticator app.
- Scan the QR code with your app or use the provided code.
- Enter a code generated in the authenticator app.
- Click Verify Code to confirm.
Download Backup Codes
- In the setup menu, choose the 🔒 Backup code option.
- Taskade will generate a list of backup codes.
- Copy and paste the generated codes to a text file.
- (optional) Print the codes in case you accidentally delete the file.
- Click ACKNOWLEDGE to proceed to the next step.
- Click RETURN to complete the process.
🎯 Get Our Apps
- 🤖 Android app: Google Play Store
- 🍎 iPhone app: Apple App Store
- 🦊 Firefox Extension: Firefox Add-Ons
- 👩💻 Chrome Extension: Chrome Web Store
- 💻 Mac, Linux, Windows apps: taskade.com/downloads
😊 Questions or Suggestions?
- 💌 Our Official Blog: blog.taskade.com
- 🚌 Taskade Updates: taskade.com/v/B1Q8lMxIfG
- ☎️ Contact Us: taskade.com/contact
- 🐧 Follow Us: twitter.com/taskade
Use Taskade with your team to start collaborating right away! Chat, organize, and get things done, together.