🤔 What Is SCIM?
SCIM is an open standard for automating user provisioning and de-provisioning in cloud-based applications. It simplifies user management by synchronizing user data across different applications and systems, ensuring access to cloud-based applications is always up-to-date and secure. The benefits of SCIM include improved efficiency, reduced administrative costs, and enhanced security.
⚙️ Configure SCIM in Taskade
This feature is only available under our Ultimate and Enterprise Plans, and we work exclusively with Okta as our identity provider (with support for other IDPs in the near future).
The first step is to make sure you upgraded your workspace.
- Visit https://taskade.com/settings/plans.
- Select the workspace(s) you want to upgrade, and click Upgrade.
The next step is to create an organization. An organization allows you to group together multiple workspaces, which in turn makes it possible to provision groups.
Once you've named your organization, click the Create button under the NAME field to get the SCIM token. We'll use the SCIM token in a later step.
With the organization created and the SCIM token copied, we can now head over to Okta. Navigate to the Taskade's General tab, click Edit, and check Enable SCIM provisioning.
Navigate to the Provisioning tab and click Edit.
Enable provisioning to Create Users, Update User Attributes, and Deactivate Users.
Go to the Integration tab in the navigation pane on the left and use the following settings:
|SCIM connector base URL||https://www.taskade.com/scim/v2|
Unique identifier field for users
Supported provisioning actions
Enable Push New Users, Push Profile Updates, and Push Groups
Paste your SCIM token
This is a preview of what the settings page should look like. Once you're done:
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- (optional) Select Test Connector Configuration to check for errors.
Now it's time to add a push group to your application:
- Navigate to the ➕ Push Groups tab.
- Click Push Groups.
- Choose Find groups by name from the drop-down list.
Once you decide on which group to push, enable Push groups memberships immediately and set the match result and push action to Create Group.
When you're done, scroll down and click on Save or Save & Add Another if you have other groups to add. If successful, the new group's push status will be set to Active.
And that's it!
Now that we have everything configured, let's return to your Taskade dashboard. The groups will populate at the bottom of the organization screen. Make sure to select all the workspaces that you wish to manage in your organization.
As an example, let's provision the Sales group and give it access to the Sales workspace:
- Click Manage to open the group management modal.
- You can grant the group Edit, Check or View only access.
Group members will now be able to SSO to Taskade and automatically get access to the Sales workspace. For new group members, the first click will let them join the workspace, from that point onward they'll convert to members.
Organization owners can also provision folders. Here's how it works:
- Create a new folder in your workspace.
- Open the folder Edit modal.
- (optional) You can also manage groups from the folder Share modal.
If you need help with configuring SCIM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
🎯 Get Our Apps
- 🤖 Android app: Google Play Store
- 🍎 iPhone app: Apple App Store
- 🦊 Firefox Extension: Firefox Add-Ons
- 👩💻 Chrome Extension: Chrome Web Store
- 💻 Mac, Linux, Windows apps: taskade.com/downloads
😊 Questions or Suggestions?
- 💌 Our Official Blog: blog.taskade.com
- 🚌 Taskade Updates: taskade.com/v/B1Q8lMxIfG
- ☎️ Contact Us: taskade.com/contact
- 🐧 Follow Us: twitter.com/taskade
- 🗣️ Feedback Channel: taskade.com/feedback
Use Taskade with your team to start collaborating right away! Chat, organize, and get things done, together.