🤔 What Is SAML?
SAML is an important security standard that allows Taskade users to log in securely without remembering and managing multiple passwords. SAML can be set up with Okta, Azure, Google Workspace, and other identity providers. Follow the instructions below to configure SAML for your organization.
🛠️ Configure with Okta
- The main account must be set up with a company email address.
- Personal email accounts are not allowed.
- Your email must be verified.
- This feature is only available on our Ultimate and Enterprise plans.
🔵 Okta Setup
Go to Applications on your Okta dashboard and select "Create App Integration."
Choose SAML 2.0 and click"Next."
In General Settings, Enter "Taskade" under "App name" and upload a logo (optional).
On the "Configure SAML" screen (section A), enter the following information:
Single sign-on URL: https://www.taskade.com/saml/sso/login/callback
- Important: Keep "Use this for Recipient URL and Destination URL" checked.
Audience URI (SP Entity ID): https://www.taskade.com/saml/sso/metadata
Name ID format: EmailAddress
Go to "Attribute Statements (optional)" and add the following details:
- Name: email
- Value: user.email
Once you're done, scroll down and click "Next." When prompted, select "I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app".
Once you're done, scroll down and click "Finish."
On the following page, find "SAML Setup" on the right and click "View SAML setup instructions." Keep this page open.
🟢 Taskade Setup
- Visit https://taskade.com/settings and navigate to the Organization tab
- Enter the following information on the security screen: Domain: Enter your company's domain, e.g., company.com without "https://" or "www."
- SSO URL: Paste the "Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL" from the Okta setup instructions page.
- IDP ISSUER: Paste the "Identity Provider Issuer" from the Okta setup instructions page.
- IDP PUBLIC SIGNING CERT: Paste the "X.509 Certificate" from the Okta setup instructions page.
- Next, select one or more workspaces you'd like people to SSO into.
- Finally, click on "Configure" when you're done.
Once you've configured SAML for your organization, ensure that Taskade is assigned to individuals or groups in your directory inside the Okta Dashboard.
Congratulations! 🥳 Anyone with an email address in your business's domain can now go to https://taskade.com/login and choose "Sign In with Single Sign-On" to sign in with Okta.
🎯 Get Our Apps
- 🤖 Android app: Google Play Store
- 🍎 iPhone app: Apple App Store
- 🦊 Firefox Extension: Firefox Add-Ons
- 👩💻 Chrome Extension: Chrome Web Store
- 💻 Mac, Linux, Windows apps: taskade.com/downloads
😊 Questions or Suggestions?
- 💌 Our Official Blog: blog.taskade.com
- 🚌 Taskade Updates: taskade.com/v/B1Q8lMxIfG
- ☎️ Contact Us: taskade.com/contact
- 🐧 Follow Us: twitter.com/taskade
- 🗣️ Feedback Channel: taskade.com/feedback
Use Taskade with your team to start collaborating right away! Chat, organize, and get things done, together.